The Australian Data Archive has seven subarchives:
- Social Science – predominantly survey or polling based quantitative social science data
- Historical – an archive of Australian census data tables from 1834 to the present day
- Indigenous – A thematic archive bringing together research data about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- Longitudinal –major longitudinal cohort and panel surveys of the Australian population
- Quallitative – a collection which provides specialist data archiving and access services to qualitative researchers
- Crime & Justice – major collections of data in crime, law and justice, including criminal justice administrative data
- International – a central point of access for links to international data sources around the world
The aim of these subarchives is to bring together related resources using a particular theme (indigenous, historical, international) or methodology (longitudinal, qualitative). For this reason, data in the ADA holdings can appear in more than one archive, enabling you to explore related resources across the entire ADA collection.
You can access these subarchives in two ways - the "Subarchives" drop-down menu above, or the subarchive links at the left of most pages (where available).